I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Gender Affirmation Surgical Services
The Johns Hopkins Center for Transgender Health offers comprehensive, evidence-based and affirming care for transgender youth and adults that is in line with the standards of care set by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). Creating an environment in which our patients and their families feel safe and confident in the care they receive is central to the mission of Johns Hopkins Medicine. The multidisciplinary care team takes careful consideration of best practices and the appropriate provision of care for transgender individuals.
What You Need To Know
- The Center for Transgender Health offers a complete spectrum of gender-affirming services for adults. For transgender youth, we will offer comprehensive non-surgical services including puberty suppression and hormonal therapy.
- We offer surgical procedures, including phalloplasty, vaginoplasty, top surgery, facial feminization or masculinization, and hysterectomy. Learn more about our surgical eligibility criteria.
- Johns Hopkins offers many specialty services for transgender adults and youth. The Center for Transgender Health is here to coordinate access to these services.
- The order of procedures and length of stay may vary. Contact us about the best plan to meet your needs.
- Health information for the transgender community
- Transgender resources
- Transgender books
- Read more about our staff
We work alongside patients to identify the surgical procedures that best meet their gender affirmation goals. Our team of surgeons specializes in transgender and gender-nonconforming surgical services including top and bottom surgeries as well as facial masculinization or feminization. Learn more.
By bringing together leaders from each medical field, we aim to provide care for the unique health care needs of the transgender community. Talk to your doctor about which nonsurgical procedures help meet your goals. Learn more.
Our team is committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care that is in line with the standards of care outlined by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), including mental health criteria for surgical services.
The Joy of Being Yourself
In a little more than a year, the Johns Hopkins Center for Transgender Health has provided gender affirming surgeries that changed the lives of about 150 people. Here are the stories of best friends Dylan Ballerstadt and Kez Hall, and, below, Dariel Peay.