Looking for resources on transgender healthcare? Here we offer a variety of clinical resources from Johns Hopkins and beyond to help you provide high-quality care to patients.
You are being redirected to websites outside of Johns Hopkins for informational purposes only. Johns Hopkins is not responsible for any aspect of the external websites.
Please contact Helene Hedian, Director of Clinical Education, for more information.
- UCSF Guidelines for Primary and Gender Affirming Care of Transgender and Gender Diverse People
- Endocrine Society Guidelines
- Callen Lorde HRT Guidelines
- TransLine Hormone Therapy Guidelines (PDF at bottom of this page)
- WPATH Guidelines
- 2022 JHCTH Mental Health Evaluation for Surgical Readiness Criteria and Letter Writing Guide
Information about mental health surgical readiness letters for gender affirming surgery.
- Quick Guide to Hormone Therapy for the PCP
Pocket reference for fast, at-the-bedside support.
- E-consults by TransLine
Clinicians can submit questions about transgender care which are answered by experts.
- Injection Teaching Guide
Patient education materials for hormone injections.
- How to Implement WPATH Guidelines in a Patient-Centered Manner
Applying an informed consent model to existing standards of care.
- CDC Inclusive Sexual History Taking
Tips for respectful interactions and counseling about sexual health.
Education for Hopkins Faculty and Staff
- Epic| JHM | Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Documentation in Epic | E-Learning
- Transgender 101
CME from Stanford
- Stanford Health Across the Gender Spectrum
- Oriented towards caring for transgender children and their families
- Community Resources for 2S People from Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board (NPAIH): 501 c(3)
- "There’s Heart Here" shares the story of three indigenous members of the LGBT2S community and what makes healthcare experiences better for them.