New Life Burn Society
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224
Mission and Purpose
Our ultimate mission is to gain the trust and confidence of burn survivors so that we may be a source of strength and understanding for them and to empower them to engage wholeheartedly in starting a new life as a survivor. The New Life Burn Society encourages and supports activities that bring survivors of all ages together to learn and grow.
- To create, develop and publish support materials, such as brochures and newsletters that will help inform burn survivors of support groups and resources.
- To increase participation in the New Life Burn Society.
- To develop a list of volunteers willing to work with patients and families to help them to understand the needs of a survivor and the role they can play in the recovery process.
- To give presentations to area schools and community organizations in collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Burn Center and the Metropolitan Fire Fighters Burn Center Fund, Inc.
- To create and maintain a website.
Weekly meetings are held every Tuesday from noon to 1 p.m. Meetings are held in the Dr. Andrew Munster Conference Room (3rd floor, Burn Conference Room).
Quarterly meetings are held from 7 to 9 p.m. Please call 410-550-0754 for dates and locations.
The society also offers one-on-one meetings for those who are not comfortable in a group setting. For more information, please contact Scott Vocke, DPT, burn survivor support group coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors