If you are experiencing abdominal pain and difficulty urinating, you may have a kidney cyst related to decreased kidney function.
Kidney Cysts: What You Need to Know
- Most kidney cysts are classified as simple. These are benign and usually do not need to be treated.
- It’s uncommon for kidney cysts to cause symptoms, but when they do, patients may experience pain along the abdomen and back.
- If cysts create discomfort, they can be removed through laparoscopic cyst ablation.
- Cysts can sometimes block the flow of urine from the kidney to the bladder.
- Multiple kidney cysts may be caused by polycystic kidney disease.
Why Choose Johns Hopkins for Treatment of Kidney Cysts?
Rely on the expertise of our physicians to help manage kidney cysts.
Our experts have pioneered robotic and minimally invasive surgical techniques to provide patients with better results and less downtime following treatment for kidney cysts.