I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Conditions We Treat: Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction refers to the inability to obtain or maintain an erection that is firm enough or lasts long enough to have satisfactory sexual intercourse. Also known as impotence, erectile dysfunction affects almost all men at one time or another in their lives.
Erectile Dysfunction: What You Need to Know
- For most men, erectile dysfunction is caused by physical problems — it’s not “all in your head.”
- Erectile dysfunction is almost always treatable.
- Erectile dysfunction may indicate more serious health concerns, like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity.
- As many as 30 million American men are affected by erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction may be a side effect of prostate cancer treatment.
Why choose Johns Hopkins for treatment of erectile dysfunction?
Our Patient Education
Learn more about erectile dysfunction and the link between sexual health and chronic conditions, like heart disease and diabetes.
For some men, low testosterone causes erectile dysfunction. These men are often treated with testosterone replacement therapy — but at what cost?
Explore ongoing research and take part in novel clinical trials. If you’d like to participate in a clinical trial at Johns Hopkins, visit the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research.
Request an Appointment
Adult Urology: 410-955-6100
Pediatric Urology: 410-955-6108
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.