- Empowering COPD Patients to Better Manage Their Symptoms, Nov. 27, 2017
- Mining Patients’ Wisdom for Safer Care, U.S. News & World Report, May 4, 2015
- “Johns Hopkins Awarded $2.1 Million to Improve Post-Hospital Care for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease,” Oct. 2, 2013
Below is a selection of articles authored by Center for Engagement and Patient-Centered Innovations team members.
- Aboumatar H.J., Chang B.H., Danaf J.D., Shaear M., Namuyinga R., Elumalai S., Marsteller J.A., Pronovost P.J. Promising Practices for Achieving Patient-centered Hospital Care: A National Study of High Performing United States Hospitals. Medical Care. 2015 Jun 30.
- Aboumatar H.J., Chang B., Hanna M., Siddiqui Z. (Eds). Best Practices in Patient-Centered Care Conference Proceedings. Best Practices in Patient-Centered Care Conference; 2013 Sept 26-27; Baltimore. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University; 2014.
- H. Aboumatar, M. Naqibuddin, S. Chung, et al. Better Respiratory Education and Treatment Help Empower (BREATHE) study: Methodology and baseline characteristics of a randomized controlled trial testing a transitional care program to improve patient-centered care delivery among chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients, in Contemporary Clinical Trials, Volume 62, 2017, Pages 159-167, ISSN 1551-7144
- Al Danaf J., Chang B.H., Shaear M., Johnson K.M., Miller S., Nester L., Williams A.W., Aboumatar H.J. Surfacing and addressing hospitalized patients’ needs: Proactive nurse rounding as a tool. Journal of Nursing Management. 2017 Dec 15.
- Brown S.M., Rozenblum R., Aboumatar H., Fagan M.B., Milic M., Lee B.S., Turner K., Frosch D.L. Defining patient and family engagement in the intensive care unit. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2015 Feb 1; 191(3):358-60.
- Aboumatar H.J., Carson K.A., Beach M.C., Roter D.L., Cooper L.A. The impact of health literacy on desire for participation in healthcare, medical visit communication, and patient reported outcomes among patients with hypertension. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2013 Nov 28(11):1469-76.
- Aboumatar H.J., Cooper L.A. Contextualizing patient-centered care to fulfill its promise of better health outcomes: beyond who, what, and why. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2013 Apr 16; 158(8):628-9.
- Aboumatar H., Pronovost P. Making hospital care patient-centered: the three patient questions framework. American Journal of Medical Quality. 2013 Jan-Feb; 28(1):78-80.