I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Johns Hopkins POC-IT ABX Guide
The official Johns Hopkins ABX (Antibiotic) Guide from Johns Hopkins Medicine features frequently updated, authoritative, evidenced-based information on the treatment of infectious diseases to help you make decisions at the point of care. This comprehensive web and mobile resource organizes details of diagnosis; drug indications, dosing, pharmacokinetics, side effects and interactions; pathogens; management; and vaccines into easily accessible, quick-read entries.
“Johns Hopkins ABX Guide is highest ranked infectious disease App in recent Clinical Infectious Diseases review. Outranks Sanford Guide, Epocrates and Medscape.”
With the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide you can:
- Choose the correct drug and dosage, then review the risk of potential adverse reactions or interactions.
- Discover or confirm a diagnosis with details on pathogens and clinical considerations.
- Access medical literature with reference links within each entry
- Monthly updates
- Hundreds of brand name and generic drug listings
- Diagnosis, Pathogen, Management, and Vaccine Indices
- Evidence-based recommendations
- Expert comments and analysis
- Tabular summary of available drug forms and costs
- Adverse Reactions and Drug Interactions
- Personalized favorites
- Optimized interface for each device platform
- Web access for one year
Johns G. Bartlett, M.D.
Kathryn Dzintars, PharmD, BCPS, AQ-ID
Edina Avdic, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, AQ-ID
Janessa M. Smith, PharmD, BCPS
Pediatric Pharmacology Editor:
Alice Jenh Hsu, PharmD, BCPS, AQ-ID