I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Administrative Fellowship Overview
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Administrative Fellowship program is an integrated program that offers learning experiences in both the Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) and the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (SOM). The program is a 24 month, rotation based program that trains young professionals and helps them develop leadership skills and qualities.
The first 18 months of the fellowship offers several core rotations. Each fellow will be expected to work on various projects during each rotation while also learning from their preceptors and mentors.
- School of Medicine Divisional Rotation
- Operations (in one of the clinical departments i.e. Medicine, Surgery, Oncology)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
- Finance / Supply Chain
- Marketing Development & Research
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare (third-party payor)
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
One-Week Experiences Include:
- General Services
- Development / Fundraising
Following the completion of the core rotations, the last six months of the Administration Fellowship are open for elective rotations throughout Johns Hopkins Medicine. Availability of elective rotations are subject to the fellows' interests and also the availability of the division/department desired.
Leadership and Mentoring
The Director for the Administrative Fellowship Program is Lisa Ishii, M.D., Senior Vice President of Operations, JHHS and Professor, Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, Department of Otolaryngology. Each Administrative Fellow is assigned a mentor to act as an advisor throughout the two years. In addition, Administrative Fellows have the opportunity to meet regularly with Robert Kasdin, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer for Johns Hopkins Medicine and with Kevin Sowers, President of the Johns Hopkins Health System and Executive Vice President of Johns Hopkins Medicine. Kevin Sowers is also the Executive Champion of the JHM Administrative Fellowship Program. These relationships provide extensive mentoring and learning opportunities for the fellows. Outside of formal relationships, there are many opportunities for Administrative Fellows to explore informal professional relationships. All members of the fellowship committee are available to the fellows throughout their fellowship.
Steering Committee Members
- Program Director: Lisa Ishii, M.D., Senior Vice President of Operations, JHHS and Professor, Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, Department of Otolaryngology
- Shafeeq Ahmed - Vice President Medical Affairs / Chief Medical Officer, Howard County General Hospital
- Charles (Chip) Barbara - Senior Director of Operations Integration, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Conan Dickson - Research Scientist, Johns Hopkins University, School of Public Health,
- Doug Hall - Senior Director for Strategic Marketing and Market Research, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Melissa Helicke - VP of Operations / Chief Operating Officer, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- John Hundt - Chief Administrative Officer, Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Robin Ingram - Assistant VP School of Medicine Alumni Relations
- Jill Kearney - COO - Johns Hopkins International
- Charlie Reuland - Executive Vice President / Chief Operating Officer, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Kim Sherbrooke - Vice President / Chief Operating Officer, Office of Johns Hopkins Physicians
- Danielle Wharton - Vice President of Support Services, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Tammy Snyder - Chief Administrative Officer, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins Health System
Salary and Benefits
Fellows are provided a competitive salary and full benefits based on JHM second year medical residents.
The fellowship provides reimbursement for one healthcare conference of choice per year.