Thank you for choosing Sibley Memorial Hospital. We are here to help you have the best possible birth experience. Before you contact the Childbirth Education department, please read through this list of information. If you have additional questions that are not answered by the information below, please email Childbirth Education at email@example.com
Please be advised that there are no drop-ins. Due to the seat limitations for each class, we will only accept registered participants. Online registration through our website is required for all classes and tours.
- Class may be cancelled for any reason 7 days prior to class date for a refund of class fees. Please note a $15 processing fee will be assessed for each cancelled ticket.
- Full refunds are given if classes are cancelled and not rescheduled by the Childbirth Education Office due to insufficient enrollment, overbooked enrollment or inclement weather.
Class Transfer Policy
- We will be happy to accommodate class transfer requests at least 2 business days prior to the class date.
- Childbirth Education cannot guarantee class availability should a class transfer be requested.
- Expectant moms placed on bed rest may choose a credit towards the online class.
- Online classes are nonrefundable for any reason.
- The Childbirth Education Department is not responsible for participants’ no-shows or missed classes. A make-up class is not guaranteed and may be granted pending space availability.
Insurance and Reimbursement
Sibley's Childbirth Education Department does not submit to insurance companies for coverage of or reimbursement for our Childbirth Education classes. As there are no medical, procedure, diagnosis, CPT, or ICD codes associated with our classes, we cannot directly bill insurance.
The Childbirth Education Department is able to provide the following information:
Your confirmation of class payment (which you receive via email upon registration)
- Our Childbirth Education tax ID #530-19-6602
- The signature of the class instructor (MUST be requested at least 3 days prior to the class date), and/or
- Confirmation of your attendance in a class. To request reimbursement, you are responsible for submitting the appropriate documents directly to your insurance company following the conclusion of the class. We strongly recommend that you call your insurance company well in advance of your class date and inquire about what information, instructor qualifications and/or documentation is necessary, as each insurance company maintains different requirements. Waiting until after the class is complete may delay our ability to provide the information and documentation you need.
Preregister to have your baby
Before your eighth month of pregnancy, it’s a good idea to preregister. Call our Admissions Department at 202-537-4190 during business hours for any questions related to preregistration and/or inquire about private room charges.
- Maternity Pre-registration Form
- Instructions for Maternity Pre-registration Form
For questions related to breastfeeding or to rent a breast pump, call the Warm Line at 202-243-2321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Birth certificate-related questions: Call Health Information Management at 202-537-4088 or view our medical records page.
- Epidural anesthesia in labor: See our Obstetrical Anesthesia page.