I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sponsored Projects Office Responsibilities
- Review sponsored research applications and all sponsored awards forwarded to the Department of Medicine Sponsored Projects Office (DOMSPO) for accuracy and compliance
- Submit grant applications and other submissions directly to sponsor or forward to the Office of Research Administration for further review/submission to sponsor, depending on proposal type and sponsor
- Act as signing authority for the University on select sponsored submissions
- Act as a final point of contact with departmental faculty and sponsored staff relating to pre-award activity including grant/contract applications
- Provide hands-on training on pre-award submissions
- Act as a resource to answer pre-award questions on compliance
- Provide pre-award coverage for divisions that have vacancies or for faculty who do not have assigned sponsored support
- Act as business official for University in addressing post-award issues with the NIH
- Act as a final point of contact with departmental faculty and sponsored staff relating to post-award activity including post-award administration of sponsored accounts and interaction with federal sponsors
- Post-award management of grants that come through the director’s office
- Provide post-award coverage for divisions that have vacancies or for faculty who do not have assigned sponsored support
- Provide post-award reports to make sure that divisions maintain focus on post-award project even during heavy deadline periods
- Analyze accounts and work with divisions and shared services to find solutions
- Effort Compliance Manager directs effort process and monitoring for the entire department
- Act as resource for effort compliance, provides training on effort, finds solutions to effort issues in divisions
- Ensure grant administrators are informed of University, governmental and sponsor compliance policies to maintain fiscal responsibility of awards
- Facilitate Department of Medicine working groups and participate in School of Medicine working groups targeting specific sponsored issues and areas