Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Current Research in Ocular Immunology
The faculty in the Division of Ocular Immunology is currently working on the following projects:
- Epidemiology of clinical treatments in ocular inflammatory diseases
- Molecular search for viruses, bacteria and fungi in Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome. Funded by the Wilmer/King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital joint research collaboration. Led by Dr. Thorne and Dr. Hassan Al-Dhibi. Look for potential microbial etiologies of Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome by searching for viral, bacterial and fungal genomes in the peripheral blood of patients with active Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome.
- Working with the MUST (Multicenter uveitis steroid treatment) trials and the Longitudinal Study of the Ocular Complication of AIDS
- Looking at current practice patterns, clinical outcomes and complications with steroid implants for patients with non-infectious uveitis
- Molecular analysis of bacterial and fungal DNA in conjunctival sarcoid granulomas. Funded by a Mallinckrodt Research Fellowship Award. Investigate possible microbial causes of sarcoidosis by carrying out an extensive molecular search for bacterial and fungal DNA in conjunctival sarcoid granulomas.