Procedures and Payment Information
There are four cost components in laser vision correction: the evaluation, the procedure itself, the post-operative check-ups, and enhancements.
|1. Evaluation for Refractive Procedures :|
All evaluations include in-depth testing with the VISX Wavescan Wavefront™System.
|* Advanced surface treatment, PRK, Epi-LASIK/LASEK, PTK CustomVue Laser Vision Correction|
with VISX STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser
* Refractive Lens Exchange using ReSTOR, TECNIS, AcrySof Toric and other intraocular lenses
* INTACS Corneal Rings for Keratoconus
* Visian Implantable Collamer Lenses (ICLs)
|3. Post-Operative Check-Ups:|
Post-operative check-ups , which occur within two years of your original laser vision
|Enhancements, which are performed up to two years after your original laser vision|
correction procedure, are included in the cost of the procedure and are no additional charge.
For more information, please call the center closest to you:
Bel Air: 410-893-0480 (select option #4)
Green Spring Station: 410-583-2843
Fees for all procedures are collected the day of the procedure. You may pay for your procedure in a variety of ways:
- Check (Personal checks are accepted. Checks should be made payable to The Wilmer Laser Vision Center.)
- Credit Card (Visa and MasterCard ONLY are accepted.)
If you pay with check or cash, Wilmer Laser Vision Centers will extend a $200.00 discount ( $100 per eye) off the price of any laser vision correction procedure performed at the Wilmer Laser Vision Centers.
Wilmer Laser Vision Centers DO NOT participate with any insurance plans. All procedures performed at Wilmer Laser Vision Centers are ELECTIVE PROCEDURES and you will be required to pay IN FULL the day of your procedure.
Flex-Plan Funds and Income Tax Deduction
- You can include the amount you pay for laser vision correction in figuring your medical expense deduction for income tax purposes (see IRS publication 502).
- You may be able to use flexible benefit or medical savings account funds to pay for laser vision correction; contact your employer’s benefits representative for details.