Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Joint Appointment: Ophthalmology & Biostatistics
Wilmer Clinical Trials and Biometry
550 North Broadway, 9th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205
Fax: 410-955-0958 or 410-955-8943
Dr. Diener-West has been a member of the Wilmer faculty since 1986. She received her doctoral training at Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Diener-West is currently Associate Professor of Biostatistics at the Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health with a joint appointment in Ophthalmology. She is Study Statistician and Deputy Director of the Coordinating Center for the Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study and is a member of the faculty for the Johns Hopkins Center for Clinical Trials. Her teaching responsibilities have included courses on introductory biostatistics, inferential statistics, and mathematical methods.
Department of Biostatistics
Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health
615 North Wolfe Street, Room E3012
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
- Loyola University of Chicago, B.S., Biology and Mathematics, 1977
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, Ph.D., Biostatistics, 1984
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Departments of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, 1978-1981
- Senior Statistician, Radiation Therapy and Oncology Group, American College of Radiology, Philadelphia, PA 1983-1986
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, 1986-1994
- Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 1986- 1994
- Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, 1994-Pres
- Associate Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 1994- Pres
- Member, Data Monitoring Board, Radiation Therapy and Oncology Group, 1993-Pres
- Member, Data Monitoring Committee, Veterans Administration Hearing Aid Trial, 1995-Pres
- Member, Clinical Research Committee, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 1997-Pres
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Ophthalmology, 1998-Pres
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1991 and 1997
- Advising, Mentoring and Teaching Recognition Award, 1993 - 1996
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health, 1995 - Pres
- Best Biology Student Award, 1977