Assistant Professor of Radiology
Dr. Lessne is an Assistant Professor of Radiology in the Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology at Johns Hopkins Medical School. He completed his undergraduate studies in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Theatre Arts at Boston University, and was granted early acceptance into Boston University’s Medical School, graduating cum laude with his Medical Doctorate. Dr. Lessne received his Diagnostic Radiology residency training, serving as Chief Resident, at Duke University Medical Center and completed his subspecialty training in Vascular and Interventional Radiology, with additional mini-fellowship training in Neuroradiology, also at Duke.
His professional interests include peripheral arterial disease, with emphasis on endovascular therapy for limb salvage. Other clinical interests include minimally invasive treatment of venous disease, hepatic and renal malignancies, and genitourinary diseases. Dr. Lessne also has a special interest in medical device innovation and design.
Licensure and Certification:
Medical License(s): Pennsylvania (Trainee License), 2005-2006; North Carolina, 2009-present; Maryland, 2011-present
Certifications: American Board of Radiology, 2010-2020
- Lessne ML, Shah NP, Stinchon JF, Cross, ME, Oates ME. Optimized Scintigraphic Evaluation of the Hydronephrotic Horseshoe Kidney. J Nucl Med Technol. 2007 Dec; 35(4):255.
- Lessne ML, Shah P, Alexander MJ, Barnhart HX, Powers C, Golshani K, Ferrell A, Enterline D, Zomorodi A, Smith T, Britz GW. Thromboembolic Complications Associated with Neuroform™ Microdelivery Stent Assisted Treatment of Cerebral Aneurysms: The Duke Cerebrovascular Center Experience in 235 Patients with 274 Stents. Neurosurgery. 2011 Aug; 69:369–375.
Abstract and Poster Presentations:
- Lessne ML, Shah P, Alexander MJ, Barnhart HX, Powers C, Golshani K, Ferrell A, Enterline D, Zomorodi A, Smith T, Britz GW. Patient Factors Associated with Thromboembolic Complications After Neuroform™ Stent Assisted Treatment of Cerebral Aneurysms: The Duke Cerebrovascular Center Experience in 235 Patients with 274 Stents. 3rd place Cerebrovascular, American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, 2011.
- Lessne ML, Kim CY, Miller MJ, Sopko D, Pabon-Ramos WM, Suhocki P, Smith TP. Conventional Pulmonary Angiography—Dead or Dying: Current Indications for Catheter-Based Pulmonary Angiography in a Large, Academic Medical Center. North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging Annual Meeting, 2011.
- Huang SY, Lessne ML, Miller M, Gupta RT, Krishnan P, Evans P, Befera N, Merkle E, Smith T, Kim CY. Comparison Between Noncontrast Gradient Recalled Echo (GRE) and Contrast-Enhanced MRV with Blood Pool Agent to Detect Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Meeting, 2011.
- Kim CY, Guevara C, Gage SM, Lessne ML, Icasiano D, Lawson JH, Smith TP. Assessment of Graft Infection Risk Following Covered Stent Deployment in Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) Arteriovenous Hemodialysis Access. Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Meeting, 2011.
- Husum K, Nelson R, Kim CY, Bryant J, Husarik D, Lessne ML. Radiofrequency Cauterization of Needle Tract After Liver Biopsy: Effectiveness in Controlling “Worst-Case Scenario” hemorrhage. Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Meeting, 2011.
- Grezaffi JA, Gage SM, Bryant J, Lessne ML, Miller M, Lawson JH, Smith TP, Kim CY. Early Experience with Percutaneous Interventions on Failing HeRO Arteriovenous Grafts. Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Meeting, 2011.
- Kim CY, Huang S, Gupta R, Miller M, Lessne M, Krishnan P, Befera N, Evans P, Merkle EM. Qualitative and quantitative evaluation of contrast-enhanced MR venography (MRV) of the lower extremities with a blood pool agent compared to noncontrast MRV. International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Annual Meeting, 2011.
- Lessne ML. 2011. Multicompartment Interventional Wire and Catheter Storage System. Patent application number 61/451,747, Filed March 11, 2011. Patent Pending
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American College of Radiology
- North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging
Peripheral Arterial Disease, Limb Salvage; Interventional Oncology; Endovascular, Stent-assisted Cerebral Aneurysm Coiling; Device Innovation; Medical education