I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
At Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan, we’re dedicated to making sure you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Below are some of the services we offer and a sampling of tips to help you and your little one along the way.
You will be connected with an OB nurse who will work with you and your physician to coordinate your care if you develop complications with your pregnancy.
For members preferring to use the Internet to obtain general health information, Nurse Chat provides live access to registered nurses. It is a free service that provides real time access for medical advice.
Nurse chat will be available 24/7. To reach Nurse Chat connect to Live Nurse Chat online dialogue about your concerns or to link to the Health Information Library or other health reasons like Symptom Checker.
BabySteps is a program that will help you keep track of all of your important doctor appointments, plans for delivery, and healthy activities. BabySteps also allows you to earn up to $100 worth of gift codes from Amazon Babies. For more information about the BabySteps program call 1-888-500-8786
Have an A+ pregnancy
NICU Care Management
Should your new baby need special care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), you will have your own dedicated NICU specialty nurse from our team. This nurse will help you to understand what is happening, answer your question, help you get your baby home, and continue to help with any special needs.
Text4baby is a service that will send you totally free text messages three times a week with information to help you through your pregnancy and baby's first year. Text BABY to 511411 to sign up.
Hello, Mommy... Hello, Baby
Hello, Mommy and Hello, Baby are prenatal and postpartum health and wellness guides sent right to your mailbox. Check out our latest issues of Hello, Mommy and Hello, Baby below:
Work with Your Doctor:
Make sure you attend all doctor's appointments, it is important to maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Following your doctor's instructions will also help prevent illness and other serious conditions.
- Go to all prenatal appointments: It is important to visit your doctor within the first trimester or within 42 days after you enroll.
- Follow your doctor's advice about activity: Your doctor will tell you how much exercise is safe.
- Visit your doctor after delivery: Visiting your doctor will help you receive timely postpartum care and at that time you can receive your cervical cancer screening.
Eating right is very important during and after your pregnancy. Here are some simple tips to make the right food choices:
- Eat a balanced diet that has plenty of calcium and iron-rich foods.
- Take a daily multivitamin that contains folic acid. Folic acid helps to prevent birth defects.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Cut back to a cup a day of coffee, tea, or soda with caffeine.
If you need additional information regarding the resources above, contact our customer service at 1-800-808-7347