- One routine eye examination per year, including refractions and written lens prescription, may be obtained from designated Plan providers. You may obtain eye care at any Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute, or Block Vision (Please note: you will need our USFHP Member ID number to access page; your social security number will not get you in) or participating community providers. Call USFHP Customer Services at 1-800-808-7347 for a list of the nearest locations.
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye disease is covered in the same manner as any other medical specialty care and requires a referral from your primary care manager (PCM).
- Corrective lenses, frames, contact lenses and contact lens fittings are not covered.
- Corrective vision surgery is not covered (e.g., LASIK, radial keratotomy, PRK, etc).
Note: Under a separate agreement, US Family Health Plan has arranged for Plan members to receive discounted prices for corrective lenses and frames at all Wilmer Optical Shops and Block Vision locations.
- 20% discount on any pair of lenses and frames
- 5% discount on contact lenses