The Brady Urological Institute at Johns Hopkins
Physicians with The Brady Urological Institute at Johns Hopkins—long-ranked the #1 urology department in the United States by U.S. News & World Report—have been pioneers in their field and were the first to perform landmark operations such as:
- Radical prostatectomy
- Nerve-sparing radical retropubic prostatectomy
- Minimally invasive live donor kidney removal
Our doctors are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical care in all aspects of adult and pediatric urology. Hopkins urologists have extensive expertise in surgical techniques including:
- Open and minimally invasive radical prostatectomy
- Urologic reconstruction
- Treatment of rare stone disease
- Treatment for benign prostate hypertrophy
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Microsurgery for infertility
- Vasectomy reversal
- Minimally invasive techniques to treat kidney disease
- Treatment of urinary incontinence
- Hypospadius reconstruction
- Bladder exstrophy reconstruction
Prostate and Other Urologic Cancers
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins has a strong program in prostate cancer diagnosis, staging and treatment. World-renowned pathologists here can identify cancer cells at a much earlier stage of diagnosis, ensuring the best outcomes. Surgeons and oncologists work together to develop the best course of treatment.
With the radical prostatectomy or nerve-sparing surgery developed at Johns Hopkins, 50 to 70 percent of patients retain their potency and 93 percent their continence.
Urologic cancers our team excels in treating include:
To learn more or to make an appointment, call toll-free 1-855-695-4872.