Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Brady Urological Institute at Johns Hopkins
Physicians with The Brady Urological Institute at Johns Hopkins—long-ranked the #1 urology department in the United States by U.S. News & World Report—have been pioneers in their field and were the first to perform landmark operations such as:
- Radical prostatectomy
- Nerve-sparing radical retropubic prostatectomy
- Minimally invasive live donor kidney removal
Our doctors are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical care in all aspects of adult and pediatric urology. Hopkins urologists have extensive expertise in surgical techniques including:
- Open and minimally invasive radical prostatectomy
- Urologic reconstruction
- Treatment of rare stone disease
- Treatment for benign prostate hypertrophy
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Microsurgery for infertility
- Vasectomy reversal
- Minimally invasive techniques to treat kidney disease
- Treatment of urinary incontinence
- Hypospadius reconstruction
- Bladder exstrophy reconstruction
Prostate and Other Urologic Cancers
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins has a strong program in prostate cancer diagnosis, staging and treatment. World-renowned pathologists here can identify cancer cells at a much earlier stage of diagnosis, ensuring the best outcomes. Surgeons and oncologists work together to develop the best course of treatment.
With the radical prostatectomy or nerve-sparing surgery developed at Johns Hopkins, 50 to 70 percent of patients retain their potency and 93 percent their continence.
Urologic cancers our team excels in treating include:
To learn more or to make an appointment, call toll-free 1-855-695-4872.