Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine values faculty member, staff member and student contributions to programs and organizations that benefit the community. In fact, our five-year Strategic Plan notes community engagement as part of our people priority. One major initiative that empowers employees to give back is our annual United Way campaign. Every fall, Johns Hopkins Medicine raises funds and awareness about important issues in our own backyard: central Maryland and the national capital region.
2016 Campaign Theme: “Changing the Odds for Families and Communities”
The 2016 campaign begins on Thursday, Oct. 13, and runs through Friday, Dec. 16. Thanks to your generosity, Johns Hopkins Medicine exceeded last year’s goal, raising funds for various initiatives and nonprofit organizations through United Way.
Education, financial stability, housing and health are the building blocks of a successful life. Without these essentials, the odds are stacked against children, families and entire communities.
You Have the Power to Choose
Although this year’s campaign focuses on changing the odds for families and communities through United Way, you choose where your dollars go. You can donate to:
- United Way of Central Maryland or United Way of the National Capital Area general fund
- A specific initiative (like the Johns Hopkins Neighborhood Fund, Family Stability or 2-1-1 Maryland Call Center)
- A community partnership or impact fund that supports your local community
- Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of your choice, including Johns Hopkins departments and programs
- Any combination of these options