UHS is closed and I need medical care. What should I do?
For non-urgent problems, please call us during regular hours and we will do our best to accommodate you.
For any urgent primary care medical concerns, after hours or on the weekend, please call the Johns Hopkins Hospital page operator at (410) 955-4331 and they will get in touch with the "on-call" physician for you. Please click here for more information.
For any urgent mental health concerns, after hours or on the weekend, an on-call psychiatrist is available to you. Please call (410) 955-1892 and pressing ‘0’. Additionally, in the case of an emergency or you are in need of urgent care, you can also go to nearest Emergency Room immediately.
If you absolutely must seek care when the clinic is closed, you have 2 main choices:
1. Go to an Urgent Care Clinic, such as Patient First
- Patient First is open daily from 8 am - 10 pm, including weekends. The closest location is at Johns Hopkins at Bayview Medical Center:
5100 Eastern Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21224
- Please refer to the Patient First website for additional locations.
2. Go to an Emergency Department of your choice.
- If you are receiving care at the UHS Clinic by one of our providers, please seek the advice of the on-call physician before you visit an Emergency Room to ensure that such a visit would be medically indicated, or you will run the risk that this visit may not be covered by your insurance.
Where is the nearest emergency department if I feel that I have a medical emergency?
Below is a list of the nearest hospital emergency departments, and their phone numbers, in the Baltimore area:
Please note: By law in Maryland, ambulances must transport to the nearest emergency department.
Reminder: If you go to an Urgent Care Center or Emergency Room or to a pharmacy for a prescription after hours, please remember to bring your insurance card. Also, make sure that you understand the diagnosis you are given and whether or not you need follow-up care.