Donate Life Month
More than 120,000 people are currently awaiting organ transplants in the United States. Learn more about organ and tissue donations.
Join Johns Hopkins Medicine in these events around our hospital campuses to raise awareness and learn more about organ donation.
- Tuesday, April 1 from 10 am to 2 pm: Visit Donate Life Tables (JHBMC)
Visit the Donate Life tables at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Tables will be set up in front of the Bayview Cafe with information and resources about organ donation. There will also be an opportunity to register as an organ donor.
- Tuesday, April 8 at 11:45 am (JHH)
Join us as we raise the Donate Life flag in front of The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Ceremony and brief remarks will be held by the flagpole area in front of the Orleans Street entrance.
- Friday, April 11 at 10 am: Donate Life Flag Raising (JHBMC)
Join us as we raise the Donate Life flag in front of Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Ceremony and brief remarks will be held in the Francis Scott Key Pavilion.
- Friday, April 11: Be Seen in Green Day
Wear green clothing or accessories to show support for organ, eye, and tissue donation. Awareness bracelets will be available for all employees by visiting Amy Morris in Blalock 814. To pick up bracelets, contact Amy at 443-287-4601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 14-17 from 9 am to 1 pm: Visit Donate Life Tables (JHH)
Visit the Donate Life tables at The Johns Hopkins . Tables will be set up in Hope Forest (outside of the cafeteria in the old CMSC) with information and resources about organ donation. There will also be an opportunity to register as an organ donor.
- April 24 at 1 pm: Facebook Chat about Understanding Transplantation and Organ and Tissue Donation (Online)
If you or someone you know are interested in becoming an organ donor, join us for a live Facebook chat on the Johns Hopkins Medicine's Facebook page.
- 14th Annual Transplant Conference
June 9, 2012
Crowne Plaza - Baltimore North (Timonium)
- Reaching Consensus in Reconstructive Transplantation: Allocation, Awareness and Funding
November 3-4, 2011
Johns Hopkins Mt. Washington Conference Center