Suburban Hospital's Orthopedic Care offers rehabilitation services provided by certified and licensed professionals, specializing in inpatient and outpatient physical and occupational therapies for children and adults. Physiatry services (those provided by a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician) are available. We also offer a balance/vestibular rehabilitation program for balance disorders and geriatric fall prevention.
The goal of our program is not only to eliminate the deficits of an injury or musculoskeletal problem but also to prevent it from returning. We use a range of advanced techniques designed to restore normal strength, motion, flexibility, balance and function and to reduce pain. Our physicians and rehabilitation specialists devote their efforts toward achieving optimal function for every patient. We specialize in the treatment or neurological and musculoskeletal disorders, including pre- and postoperative care.
What's Unique About Our Hospital-based Rehabilitation Services?
- Ability and skill to provide care to complex medical cases; located in a hospital supported by Emergency Department services
- Continuity of care, ranging from acute trauma to preventative care
- Rehabilitation services for the hospital's Stroke Program, Trauma Service and Total Joint Replacement Program
- Conveniently located on-site diagnostic services (such as Radiology)
- Individualized rehabilitation assessment and interventions
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 301-896-3169.