Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Suburban Hospital’s Radiology Department offers a complete range of diagnostic and interventional services for patients who are experiencing musculoskeletal disorders and injuries. The hospital’s partnership with Doctors Groover, Christie, & Merritt ensures that our patients have access to a unique group of subspecialty trained radiologists, including fellowship-trained musculoskeletal and interventional radiologists.
Patients of Suburban Hospital’s Orthopaedic Care benefit from the following musculoskeletal diagnostic services:
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Musculoskeletal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- MRI arthrograms
Diagnostic radiology services are available at the hospital, as well as outpatient imaging centers in Bethesda, Rockville and Chevy Chase. Suburban Hospital’s outpatient Radiology Department and the outpatient imaging centers use all digital equipment and are filmless. This technology enables referring physicians to view their patients’ studies from their home or office. Patients may also take a CD of their images with them after their exam.
In addition to our state-of-the-art diagnostic services, Suburban Hospital is one of the leading providers in the country of minimally invasive, image-guided spine treatment. In fact, as a leader in the field of interventional radiology, Suburban Hospital radiologists provide education and training for their colleagues across the country who wish to learn these innovative techniques.
Some of the interventional treatment modalities available at Suburban Hospital include:
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic fractures
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression for the treatment of spinal stenosis
- Percutaneous discectomies for the treatment of symptomatic bulging or small herniated discs
- Facet fusion for the treatment of instability and back pain
- Multiple pain management procedures, including pain blocks, scar lysis and spinal stimulators for the treatment of musculoskeletal pain
Learn more about the interventional radiology services available to Suburban Hospital’s patients.
To schedule an outpatient imaging exam or learn more about the GCM-Suburban outpatient imaging centers, visit GCM Radiology.