Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Hand & Upper Extremity Care
This area of the human body is uniquely complex and includes the joints, bones and muscles of the fingers, hand, wrist, arm, elbow and shoulder. Its intricate and mobile design, coupled with the use and abuse sustained each day, can make this region of the body highly susceptible to injury.
Suburban Hospital Orthopaedic Care offers a specialized skill set of evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation. Our staff works together to diagnose and effectively treat the problem to ensure that the recovery process is effective and efficient.
Our surgical team specializes in the treatment of:
- Soft tissue sprains, strains and contusions
- Overuse and traumatic injuries to the upper extremity and hand
- Degenerative and rheumatoid arthritis
- Rotator cuff tears
- Impingement syndromes of the shoulder, elbow and wrist
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Instability of the shoulder
- Fractures, dislocations, subluxations
For a referral to one of our affiliated physicians, please call 1-855-JHM-3939.