Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Suburban Hospital supports an active Medical Staff and is proud of the service these physicians provide to the community. Medical Staff members find Suburban Hospital an outstanding facility where patients will receive the highest quality care. Questions about Medical Staff membership can be directed to Robert Rothstein, M.D., Vice President of Medical Affairs, at 301-896-3054.
Physician Annual Training
Suburban Hospital's Annual Training Guide for Physicians. This includes essential information about Suburban Hospital for physicians.
Your source for physician-related news and information.
Medical Staff Admission
Suburban Hospital Medical Staff Office
8600 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
Suburban Hospital has taken a number of steps to ensure admission of skilled physicians to our Medical Staff. Please note these requirements:
- Except in rare circumstances, board-certification is required within five years of completion of training. Individuals who have failed board-certification examinations, or other exams such as FLEX or ECFMG, will be asked to discuss this.
- Due consideration will be given to medical education and training of all candidates. Verification of training will be required, reviewed, and used to evaluate your post graduate experience.
- In reviewing your application, consideration will be given to not only your clinical skills but also your ability to work well with physicians, nurses, and others in a cooperative, collegial atmosphere. This is essential to the delivery of high quality health care.
- If your application is approved, your initial appointment will be to the Provisional staff for at least one year. During that time, you will be expected to admit and treat at least six patients at the Hospital in order to permit us to thoroughly evaluate your clinical competence and ability to work well with others. You are encouraged to attend Department/Subsection meetings. Failure to have sufficient activity will result in your medical staff membership and clinical privileges remaining at the Provisional status.
- During your Provisional appointment, your clinical practices will be carefully monitored. For medical specialties, that review will include a review of your charts. For surgical specialties, or those seeking privileges for invasive procedures, your procedural skills and judgment will be reviewed.