The 2014 Sondra D. Bender Annual Nursing Report won a Gold Hermes Award, an international award for concept, writing and design of marketing materials in June 2015.
In May 2015, The Center for Plain Language awarded its 2015 Grand ClearMark Award for the best communications in plain language to Suburban Hospital for the My Get Well Kit. The Center for Plain Language is an organization that advocates for the writing of clear and understandable documents.
In May 2015, Suburban Hospital received a Gold Aster Award for the design of the new My Get Well Kit and accompanying Patient Handbook. Sponsored by Medical Marketing Today, the Aster Awards recognize excellence in medical marketing.
In April 2015, Healthcare Marketing Report presented Suburban Hospital with two Silver Healthcare Advertising Awards for the Sepsis Awareness video and the My Get Well Kit.
Suburban Hospital was voted "Best Emergency Room and Heart / Stroke Care" by Bethesda Magazine readers in 2014.
In September 2014, the American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association awarded Suburban Hospital the 2014-2015 Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures for treating stroke patients.
Suburban Hospital was recognized as part of The Joint Commission's 2014 annual report " America's Hospitals: Improving Quality and Safety," for attaining and sustaining excellence in accountability measure performance for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
- In May 2014, the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS) awarded the hospital its 2014 Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy.
- Suburban Hospital was voted "Best" by Bethesda Magazine readers in January 2014. Suburban's Emergency Department and Heart/Stroke care received honors. It is the hospital's fifth year being featured in the magazine's "Best of Bethesda" issue.
- Suburban Hospital recognized as a 2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measure ® by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in the United States. Suburban Hospital is one of only 1,224 hospitals in the United States to achieve the 2013 Top Performer distinction.
- In October 2013, the Suburban Hospital Stroke Center received the "Get with the Guidelines 2013 Stroke Silver Plus Achievement Award" from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Suburban Hospital is one of the best Maryland hospitals for surgery, according to data released in July 2013 by Consumer Reports. Suburban was one of nine Maryland hospitals to achieve the highest rating possible, with a score of “Better,” the highest rating on a five-point scale.
- In July 2013, Suburban Hospital was recognized by U.S. News and World Report as "High-Performing" in Orthopedics and Gastroenterology/GI Surgery.
- Suburban Hospital, along with Howard County General Hospital, Sibley Memorial Hospital and The Johns Hopkins Hospital, received the 2013 Excellence Award for Quality Improvement in Hospitals from the Delmarva Foundation for its improved performance in core measures.
- In April 2013, the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS) Awards and Recognition Committee announced Suburban Hospital has received honorable mention for the 2013 Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy.
- Suburban Hospital was one of only four hospitals in the greater Washington, DC region to receive top ratings for inpatient care and simple and complex emergency care from Washington Consumers’ CHECKBOOK in November 2012.
- Suburban Hospital was named the "Healthiest Employer" among companies with 1,000-4,999 employees by the Washington Business Journal on September 20, 2012. Of particular note was the hospital's annual Healthy Destinations program.
- In September 2012, Suburban Hospital was ranked #1 by the Maryland Hospital Association/Maryland Patient Safety Center’s On-the-Cusp: Stop BSI program for having zero central line infections since the program’s inception in early 2011.
- Suburban Hospital was recognized as “high-performing” in four specialties: Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, and Urology in U.S. News and World Report's annual hospital rankings in July 2012. In addition, Suburban was ranked as #9 in the regional listings for the Washington, D.C. metro area and 15th in the state of Maryland.
- Suburban Hospital's inpatient care was rated among the six highest in the Washington, DC region by the Washington Consumers' Checkbook. Suburban was the only hospital in Maryland to receive this recognition.
- To help hospitals manage high volumes of incoming patients in disaster situations, the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health worked with Suburban Hospital to develop a Patient Tracking and Locating System that can be made available to hospitals nationwide. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius deemed this system a "Secretary's Pick" as part of the HHSinnovates program in March 2012.
- Readers of Bethesda Magazine voted the Suburban Hospital Emergency Department to be the “Best” in the area.
- Suburban Hospital earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for its Joint Center in December 2011.
- In December 2011, the Suburban Hospital NIH Stroke Center earned re-certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. The Stroke Center is a partnership between Suburban Hospital and the National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) of the National Institutes of Health.
- Yvonne D'Arcy, MS, CRNP, CNS, received a Silver Eddie award in November 2011 for her article "How to Manage Pain in the Addicted Patient" in Nursing2010 magazine.
- The Johns Hopkins Health System was named first out of 53 organizations in Maryland who were included in the list of “53 Exceptional Maryland Companies for 2011” by the Gazette of Politics and Business in October 2011.