New Directions - The Johns Hopkins Medicine Connection
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Connection
Date: November 1, 2013
In January 2012, the 17 physicians of Maryland Heart PC, of which Dr. Schneider is a member, joined the cardiology practice of Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP). Maryland Heart, now known as JHCP Heart Care, had been practicing primarily at Suburban Hospital, which is part of the Johns Hopkins Health System.
“Our goal is to work with cardiologists in the community to provide the highest quality, coordinated and streamlined care for patients at the right place and the right time,” says Dr. Joseph Marine, who serves as the cardiology section chief for Johns Hopkins Community Physicians. “Mr. Olkon’s case is a good example of how collaboration works to improve the care process and provide the appropriate expertise to help patients with complex sets of problems.
Cardiologist Harry Bigham, M.D., who is the Greater Washington-area regional medical director for JHCP Heart Care, says the close interaction of his group with Johns Hopkins faculty physicians has facilitated collaboration and communication in handling complicated and unusual patient cases.
“Cardiologists in the greater Washington, DC region are very fortunate to have access to sub-specialists at The Johns Hopkins Hospital with expertise in areas such as heart transplants, trans-catheter aortic valve replacement and genetic evaluations. Their patients benefit greatly from the expertise of Hopkins physicians who have a lot of experience treating complex cardiac conditions that many cardiologists do not routinely see,” he explains. “These patients then conveniently return for follow-up care to the cardiologists in their own communities.”
Need a cardiologist? | For a free physician referral, call 1-855-JHM-3939.
This article is based on a story written by Ellen Beth Levitt and published in the summer 2013 issue of the Johns Hopkins Medicine Cardiovascular Report.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Year-End Giving
- JHCP Heart Care Expands Services
- $1M Clark Gift for Campus Enhancement
- President’s Message
- A Lifetime of Care: Suburban Hospital Celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Johns Hopkins Neurosurgery at Suburban Hospital
- Key To The Cure Supports Women’s Cancer Programs
- It Takes a Village to Save a Life
- Commitment to Excellence Honoree Helps Hospital Look Forward
- How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?
- When Physician Collaboration Is the Key to a Better Outcome
- The Johns Hopkins Medicine Connection
- THINC (Again!) Head Injury Patient Benefits from Research Protocol
- Johns Hopkins Voice Center Opens in Bethesda
- Save the date! Showcase 2014