Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
New Directions - Commitment to Excellence Honoree Helps Hospital Look Forward
Commitment to Excellence Honoree Helps Hospital Look Forward
Date: November 1, 2013
At Suburban Hospital’s 27th Annual Chairman’s Celebration Dinner, leaders from the hospital and Foundation presented the 2013 Commitment to Excellence Award to longtime Bethesda resident and esteemed local businessman John M. McMahon, chairman of Miller & Long Construction. The award recognizes individuals who demonstrate ongoing dedication to improving quality of life for those served by Suburban Hospital.
One of the hospital’s most generous benefactors, Mr. McMahon credits the hospital with saving his own life and recognizes its importance to the entire community.
“I am alive today because of the expertise available at Suburban Hospital,” says Mr. McMahon. “We should all strive to ensure that this community resource continues to thrive and advance for the benefit of all those living and working in our region.”
In addition to providing a personal $2.5M gift to support the construction of new state-of-the-art operating rooms, Mr. McMahon’s leadership as chair of the steering committee for the upcoming campus enhancement project will help ensure the promise of medicine for the Washington, DC region.
ADD YOUR SUPPORT | If you would like information about making a gift to support Suburban Hospital’s campus enhancement project, please contact the Foundation Office at 301-896-3971 or visit Ways to Give
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Year-End Giving
- JHCP Heart Care Expands Services
- $1M Clark Gift for Campus Enhancement
- President’s Message
- A Lifetime of Care: Suburban Hospital Celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Johns Hopkins Neurosurgery at Suburban Hospital
- Key To The Cure Supports Women’s Cancer Programs
- It Takes a Village to Save a Life
- Commitment to Excellence Honoree Helps Hospital Look Forward
- How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?
- When Physician Collaboration Is the Key to a Better Outcome
- The Johns Hopkins Medicine Connection
- THINC (Again!) Head Injury Patient Benefits from Research Protocol
- Johns Hopkins Voice Center Opens in Bethesda
- Save the date! Showcase 2014