education - Lead the World in the Education and Training of Physicians and Biomedical Scientists.
Lead the World in the Education and Training of Physicians and Biomedical Scientists
- 1Build an effective culture for learning and education across all JHM member organizations, leverage the University‘s infrastructure, and facilitate interprofessional educational programs.
- 2Ensure that medical and biomedical education at Johns Hopkins is transformative as reflected by curricula that emphasize cutting-edge science, novel treatments, wise use of technology, and avoidance of unnecessary medical tests and procedures.
- 3Ensure that medical and biomedical education at Johns Hopkins is transformative as reflected by methods of instruction that are creative and innovative, and that take advantage of all that emerges from the Johns Hopkins Science of Learning Institute.
- 4Develop a robust system to monitor the progress and accomplishments of those enrolled in, and those who are graduated from, our undergraduate, graduate, residency and postdoctoral programs to ensure that individuals who receive a Johns Hopkins SOM education are among the most creative and outstanding leaders in medicine and biomedical science in the 21st century.
- 5Create a model for global dissemination of Johns Hopkins programs in medical and graduate medical education, to include distance learning via online educational programs.
Accountable leaders: Roy Ziegelstein, vice dean for education, SOM; David Hellmann, vice dean, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center