The Welch Medical Library (410-955-3410) located at 1900 E. Monument Street, serves as the main library for the East Baltimore JHMI campus. The Indiana limestone building was erected in 1929 and named after Dr. William H. Welch in recognition of his contribution in the creation of the library and in the establishment of the department of the History of Medicine.
The Abraham M. Lilienfeld Library (410-955-3028), located in the Hampton House at 624 N. Broadway, ninth floor, is a full-service library primarily serving the School of Hygiene and Public Health. The library was named in honor of Dr. Abraham Lilienfeld, a long time JHU faculty member and the "father of modern epidemiology."
The Lilienfeld Library Satellite (410-955-3573), located in the Public Health Building at 615 N. Wolfe Street, Room 2020, is a full-service library, primarily serving the School of Hygiene and Public Health.
The Adolf Meyer Library (410-955-5819), located in the Adolf Meyer Building, Room 8-149, is a full-service library primarily serving the departments of Psychiatry, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuroradiology, Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine.
The Carol J. Gray Nursing Information Resource Center (410-955-7559), located in the Nursing School at 525 N. Wolfe Street, Room 313, primarily serves the faculty, staff and students of the School of Nursing. Many services offered at the Welch Medical Library are also available at the NIRC.
The Information Resource Center (410-955-2359) is located in the Pre-Clinical Teaching Bldg, Room 116, and primarily serves the faculty, staff, and students of the School of Medicine. The IRC has a computer lab with several PC and Macintosh computers.
The Library of the Institute of Medicine (410-955-3159) is located on the third level of the Welch Medical Library, 1900 E. Monument Street. The Historical Collection ranks among the best such collections housed in American medical schools, and is one of the few to be directly linked with a major research and graduate teaching programs.