Criminal background checks are required for all adults/mentors who are 18 years or older and involved with a JHUSOM program/group that interacts with youth/children. There may be a charge for this service. Here are the instructions:
(1) Log on to this website. *For help using the Candidate Link, please contact ADP Customer Service Department at 888-606-7898
(2) Select "create an account" and follow prompts to create your user ID and password
(3) Sign into newly created account
(4) Complete the Candidate Release Authorization form in its entirety
(5) Review the information you have provided for accuracy
(6) Complete the Certification and Release form
(7) Submit form
(8) Email SOMYouthPrograms@jhmi.edu when you have completed the online form so that the information can be processed without delay.
Back to Child Safety Homepage.