Skip Navigation
Search Menu

Print This Page
Share this page: More

How to Request a Diploma

M.D., Ph.D., and Master's graduates:  The size of the diploma is 17" x 14"

If a replacement or duplicate diploma is needed, the request must be made in writing to:

The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Attn: Office of the Registrar - Diploma Request

Edward D. Miller Research Building, Suite 147
733 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD  21205-2196

Be sure to include a check in the amount of $55 per diploma, payable to "The Johns Hopkins University" along with a cover letter that includes the following:

  1. Name at graduation
  2. Current name (if different, specify which name should appear on the diploma)
  3. Mailing address
  4. Phone number (in case any questions arise)
  5. Year of graduation
  6. Degree earned

Please Note: It will take approximately six to eight weeks to receive the replacement/duplicate diploma. If money is owed to JHU, the replacement/duplicate diploma will not be released until the account is brought up-to-date.  Also, the replacement diploma will have the signature of the current dean of the School of Medicine.

If you have any questions, contact the Office of the Registrar at 410-955-3080 or by e-mail at