Charge for Certification Letter: There is no charge for a certification letter from the School of Medicine.
Processing Time: It takes approximately five business days to prepare and send a certification letter.
A request can be submitted in writing, in person, by fax or by email to:
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Attn: Office of the Registrar - Certification Request
Edward D. Miller Research Building, Suite 147
733 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Include in Your Request
Be sure to include the following information in the request:
- Name of student, faculty, fellow or graduate at time of attendance
- Current name of student, faculty, fellow or graduate
- Indicate if person was a student, faculty, fellow or graduate and program or department to which person is/was affiliated
- If a person had more than one affiliation with JHUSchool of Medicine, indicate which one(s) require certification
- Years of attendance
- Address to which the certification letter should be mailed
- If the requestor is not the person affiliated with JHUSchool of Medicine, include a release of information form
- Phone number (in case any questions arise)
- Original signature of requestor (requests received without the signature of the requestor will not be processed)
Please Note: If money is owed to JHU, the certification letter will not be released until the account is brought up-to-date.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of the Registrar at 410-955-3080 or by e-mail at email@example.com.