Important Message from The Committee on Crisis Management
Effective 2/15/2013, if you're an employee or student of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System Corporation, School of Medicine or Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, you're required to enroll in the Johns Hopkins Emergency Alert System (EAS).
When an event, e.g., chemical or radiological cloud, shooter, earthquake, tornado warning, bomb threat or other activity, occurs and requires that people rapidly relocate to a safe place, EAS will send a text message to those enrolled in the service.
How to Enroll:
- Go to my.jhmi.edu. Log in with your JHED ID and password.
- Click on the My Profile icon on the left.
- Look on the right for the emergency alerts box. Select Edit.
- Enter your cell phone number. Indicate your service provider in the drop-down menu.
- Select the campuses for which you’d like to receive alerts, e.g., those that you frequent.
- Read and select Accept the terms of service. Hit Save.
- You’ll receive a message that your changes were saved successfully and to look for a text message within five minutes. You’ll receive a text confirmation for each location for which you enrolled.
That’s all there is to it. So do it now! When an actual emergency occurs, it’s too late. Please act immediately, and help us to help you.