School of Medicine University Loan
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, through the generosity of alumni and friends, has provided funding to establish low interest loans to assist many of the medical students to meet their educational costs.
A loan promissory note is required for each loan amount approved.
JHU SOM University Loans:
- Class of 1959 Loan
- Delamar Loan
- Daniels Loan
- Kneale Loan
- Konttas Loan
- McKinstry Loan
- Medical Student Loan
- Surdna Loan
- Norton Loan
- Wesson Loan
Terms of the Loan:
- Repayment of the principal and interest will begin 36 months after the student graduates or terminates full-time study at this Institution.
- Forbearance will be considered for extenuating circumstances.
- Interest at the rate of SEVEN percent (7%) per annum, on the unpaid balance, will begin to accrue three years after the student graduates or terminates full-time study at the Institution
- It is the student’s responsibility to keep the Student Loan Office of The Johns Hopkins University (Johns Hopkins at Keswick, 4th Floor – North Building, 3910 Keswick Road Baltimore, Maryland 21211) advised at all times of change in mailing address.
- Deferment requests for these loans are not usually granted. However, if the student has special circumstances, they may contact the Financial Aid Office School of Medicine for consideration.
- There are no cancellation benefits for this loan.
- The student may, at his or her option and without penalty, prepay all or any part of the principal plus the accrued interest at any time.
Completing the University Loan Promissory Note:
Please allow 2-3 business days for processing after accepting the loan in the Student Self Service portal. Thereafter, you can complete the process as outlined below.
The electronic procedure completing the promissory note is as follows:
- Log on to ECSI's website at : https://www.ecsi.net/tpp/student.html
- Select "eSign a Promissory Note".
- You must select JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY as the school you are attending.
- Read the information on the "Electronic Signature / Electronic Promissory Note" page. Click on the "begin the electronic signature process" link at the bottom of the page.
- Provide your social security number, last name, first name and date of birth to validate your identity.
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin, and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
- PROMISSORY NOTE - Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check-off box plus your full legal name.
- Remember to print a copy of the promissory note for your records.