Federal Perkins Loan Program
Each academic year, ALL students offered a Federal Perkins Loan must sign a new promissory note. This will be an open-ended note for the academic year. Therefore, no additional loan note signatures will be required if any adjustements are made throughout the academic year.
We are pleased to notify you that all of the paperwork and the promissory note can now be accessed and completed online.
Please allow 2-3 business days for processing after accepting the loan in ISIS. Thereafter, you can complete the process as outlined below.
Your FASFA PIN is required to complete this process. If you do not have a valid PIN, you must go to the Department of Education’s PIN site at: http://www.pin.ed.gov.
The electronic procedure completing the promissory note is as follows:
- Log on to ECSI's website at : https://www.ecsi.net/tpp/student.html
- Select "eSign a Promissory Note".
- You must select JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY as the school you are attending.
- Read the information on the "Electronic Signature / Electronic Promissory Note" page. Click on the "begin the electronic signature process" link at the bottom of the page.
- Provide your social security number, last name, and date of birth.
- Provide your PIN when requested on the Student Authentication Network page.
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin, and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
- PROMISSORY NOTE - Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check-off box plus your full legal name.
- Remember to print a copy of the promissory note for your records.
It is important that you complete the process thoroughly and as soon as possible if you wish to receive the Federal Perkins Loan. Your loan WILL NOT DISBURSE until all electronic documents are approved by JHU. A delay in completing this process will delay payment to your student billing account. Once you have successfully e-signed the promissory note, the Financial Aid Office will automatically be notified of completion.
If you do not want to accept the Federal Perkins Loan, want to make changes to the amount, or would prefer a paper promissory note instead of the online version, you must contact our office.
If you have questions or need additional assistance, about the Federal Perkins Loan Program, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or contact ECSI at (888) 549-3274 or via the web http://www.ecsi.net.