Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Institutional Statement of Responsibilities
The goal of the residency program is to provide trainees with an extensive training experience in the art and science of medicine in order to achieve excellence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of patients. To achieve this goal, the trainee agrees to:
1. Under supervision of the chief of service assume responsibilities for the safe, effective and compassionate care of patients on the inpatient service, the outpatient facilities and in out-of-hospital medical care activities administered by the Hospital, consistent with the trainee's level of training and experience.
2. Participate fully in the educational and scholarly activities of the training program and, as required, assume responsibility for teaching and supervising other residency trainees and medical students.
3. Develop and participate in a personal program of self-study and professional growth with guidance from the chief of service and the teaching staff.
4. Participate in institutional programs and activities involving the medical staff, adhere to established policies, procedures and practices of the Johns Hopkins Hospital and its affiliated institutions, as assigned by the training program director.
5. Participate in institutional committees and councils, especially those which relate to patient care review activities, as determined by the program director.
6. Participate in the evaluation of education provided by the program and its teaching staff.
7. Develop an understanding of ethical, socioeconomic, and medical/legal issues that affect graduate medical education.
8. Apply cost containment measures in the provision of patient care.