Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
National recognition for program building at the Associate Professor level includes development of a clinical, educational, or scientific program that is widely recognized as an outstanding model of its kind and/or that has had a substantial impact on the field.
National recognition for program building may be documented by publications, including:
- Substantive and continuous publication in healthcare management journals
- Clinical or training guidelines
- Descriptions and evaluation of innovative educational, basic science or clinical programs
- Support for research, education, or clinical programs
National recognition for scholarship in education, clinical service, and/or program building may be demonstrated through continuing publication of:
- Descriptions of and evaluation of innovative curricula programs, or teaching methods
- Research that addresses educational topics
- Analytic clinical studies
- Clinical applications of basic science
- Invited reviews
- Book chapters
- Clinical observations/case reports
- Patient education materials
- Continuing dissemination of clinical expertise by audio and video learning aids and through computer-based material, and/or evidence of stimulating trainees and colleagues to prepare clinical papers and reviews
- Critical editorship for a journal or a textbook or the development and dissemination of intellectual properties may also be considered