Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
National recognition for patient care at the Associate Professor level includes development and dissemination of a unique clinical program, diagnostic test, or intervention that has had a national impact.
National recognition for excellence in clinical service or clinical program building may be reflected by:
- Reputation as one of the nation’s foremost clinicians in management of a particular disease or condition, as reflected by referrals from across the nation or national peer review
- Leadership positions in professional societies emphasizing excellence in clinical specialties
- Invitations to participate in clinical activities in other medical schools and hospitals
- Service as member of or examiner for specialty board
- Development of national or internationally recognized standards of care
- Development of a unique or essential clinical program with national prominence
- Development, implementation, and evaluation of model clinical programs at the JHSOM
- Development of clinical programs that serve patients across the state or nation, or serve as a model for programs in other states
Excellence in clinical service may also be documented by:
- Being identified by peers or trainees as a role model of professionalism in clinical practice
- Patient volumes
- Introduction and evaluation of new, innovative approaches locally
- Referrals from within and beyond the JHSOM
- Subspecialty certification
- Service as examiner for a specialty board