Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
National recognition for patient care at the Associate Professor level includes development and dissemination of a unique clinical program, diagnostic test, or intervention that has had a national impact.
National recognition for excellence in clinical service or clinical program building may be reflected by:
- Reputation as one of the nation’s foremost clinicians in management of a particular disease or condition, as reflected by referrals from across the nation or national peer review
- Leadership positions in professional societies emphasizing excellence in clinical specialties
- Invitations to participate in clinical activities in other medical schools and hospitals
- Service as member of or examiner for specialty board
- Development of national or internationally recognized standards of care
- Development of a unique or essential clinical program with national prominence
- Development, implementation, and evaluation of model clinical programs at the JHSOM
- Development of clinical programs that serve patients across the state or nation, or serve as a model for programs in other states
Excellence in clinical service may also be documented by:
- Being identified by peers or trainees as a role model of professionalism in clinical practice
- Patient volumes
- Introduction and evaluation of new, innovative approaches locally
- Referrals from within and beyond the JHSOM
- Subspecialty certification
- Service as examiner for a specialty board