I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee
Information for EPCC Members
Etablished by the Dean of the Medical Faculty, the EPCC is a standing committee of the School of Medicine and the institutional body responsible for the overall design, management, and evaluation of a coherent and coordinated medical school curriculum associated with the MD degree and other related educational priorities.
EPCC examines a wide range of issues including, but not limited to, these aspects of the medical school curriculum:
- sequencing of the various segments of the curriculum both within and across the academic periods of study (horizontal and vertical integration);
- methods of pedagogy and student evaluation;
- evaluation of course and program effectiveness;
- content and workload in each discipline to identify omissions and unwanted redundancies; and,
- stated objectives of individual courses and clerkships, as well as methods of pedagogy and student evalulation.
The EPCC is also responsible for approving any substantive changes to the medical school curriculum as well as plans for implementation of said changes. No substantive changes can be made to the curriculum without this approval.
From time to time the EPCC may also consider other issues related to the medical school curriculum.
Visit the restricted section