Remembering Levi Watkins Jr., M.D.
Levi Watkins Jr., M.D. was a pioneer in cardiac surgery and civil rights. He implanted the first automatic heart defibrillator in a patient and was instrumental in recruiting minority students to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
2015 Biennial Meeting and Reunion Weekend
We hope you plan on attending the 2015 Biennial Meeting and Reunion Weekend, June 4-7, 2015.
2015 Scholarship Recognition Event
On April 14, 2015, the School of Medicine hosted the 2015 Scholarship Recognition Event, which highlighted The Daniel G. Sapir Leadership Fund.
News & Information
- Read the April 2015 issue of our e-newsletter
- Read the March 2015 issue of our e-newsletter
- Remembering David, T. Yue, M.D., Ph.D. ‘87
- Watch Match Day 2015
- Watch the Genes to Society video series
- 2014 Scholarship Recognition Event: Levi Watkins, Jr., M.D., Endowed Scholarship Fund
- James Hildreth, M.D. - ’87, named president of Meharry Medical College
- Alan Partin, M.D. - '87, Ph.D. '89, named the inaugural Jakurski Family Director
- J. Joseph Marr, M.D. - '64, has published a book titled "Fall From Grace"
- Kelly Gebo, M.D. - '95, named first Johns Hopkins University vice provost for education
- L. Michael Brunt, M.D. - '80, elected president of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)