SOM Convocation Ceremony: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 2:30 p.m., Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
Speaker: Robert Siliciano, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Siliciano, an alumnus of our M.D.-Ph.D. program, is a world renowned researcher whose laboratory focuses on the study of HIV. He was the first to identify the latent reservoir of the virus found in resting CD4 cells and his lab is one of the foremost in the world in seeking ways to eliminate this barrier to viral cure. Dr. Siliciano is a Howard Hughes Medical Institute researcher and has received the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation Distinguished Clinical Scientist Award.
Tickets are not required for the SOM convocation ceremony.
Please note: The Meyerhoff does not allow balloons in the venue.
- Directions to Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
- Parking information for Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
- SOM Ceremony video (2014 ceremony)
- SOM Ceremony video (2015-will be available on May 22, 2015)
The University-wide commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 21, 2015. The procession starts at 8:25 a.m. on the Homewood field of the Homewood campus. While tickets are not required, it is anticipated that stadium seating will reach capacity and that there will be large crowds. People are urged to arrive early to allow time for parking and to find a seat. Students are asked to line up starting at 7:30 a.m. in the Robert Scott Gymnasium.
- Commencement Apps are available!
- for iPad and iPhone - search for 'JHU 2015' in the Apple App Store
- for Android - search for 'JHU 2015' in the Google Play Store
- for Blackberry, Windows and Laptop users - click here
- Directions to Homewood Campus
- Directions and Parking for University-wide ceremony
- Detailed Instructions for University-wide ceremony
- Text Alert Signup - for issues that will affect the University-wide ceremony
Note: All School of Medicine graduates will receive their diplomas and hoods during the SOM convocation ceremony but will be individually recognized during the University-wide ceremony. December M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. graduates received their diplomas via U.S. mail in January.
Orders for regalia must be placed by March 16, 2015
Regalia will be available for pick up from the Edward D. Miller Research Building, Room 181, 733 North Broadway, School of Medicine on Wednesday, May 6, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Thursday, May 7, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Please send someone to pick up the regalia for you if you are unable to attend in person.
Regalia is to be returned following the Meyerhoff ceremony on Thursday, May 21. Doctoral graduates will be billed $900 (replacement cost) for academic regalia that is not returned.
Attendance information for both ceremonies is due to the Registrar's Office by March 16, 2015 for all candidates
- M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. Candidates - information will be mailed to your home address in early February 2015
- M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. December Graduates
School of Medicine Announcements - SOM will provide each graduate with up to 10 announcements for the Meyerhoff ceremony. Announcements will be available during cap and gown distribution.
Personalized Announcements - Students wishing to have personalized announcements may purchase them through Herff Jones.
- How to Order a DVD of the Ceremony
- Herff Jones offers a variety of graduation-related products for students
- Insurance Information after Graduation (M.D. students only)
- Lockers in Doctor's Lounge and Garrett Room (M.D. students only)
- Outstanding Fees and Requirements
- Press Release for M.D. graduates (information to follow for M.D. students)
Additional information concerning convocation will be posted as it becomes available. If you have a question not answered by this site, contact the Registrar's Office.
Last Updated: 5/14/2015