Please note: The SOM convocation and University-wide ceremonies will be held as follows:
SOM Convocation Ceremony: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 2:30 p.m., Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
University-wide Ceremony: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 8:40 a.m., Homewood Campus
Speaker - Jon R. Lorsch, Ph.D., Professor of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry
Tickets are not required for the SOM convocation ceremony.
Please note: The Meyerhoff does not allow balloons in the venue.
- Directions to Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
- Parking information for Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
- SOM Ceremony video (will be available May 24, 2013)
The University-wide commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2013. The procession starts at 8:40 a.m. on the Homewood field of the Homewood campus. While tickets are not required, it is anticipated that stadium seating will reach capacity and that there will be large crowds. People are urged to arrive early to allow time for parking and to find a seat. Students are asked to line up starting at 7:40 a.m. in the Robert Scott Gymnasium.
- Directions to Homewood Campus
- Directions and Parking for University-wide ceremony
- Detailed Instructions for University-wide ceremony
Note: All School of Medicine graduates will receive their diplomas and hoods during the SOM convocation ceremony but will be individually recognized during the University-wide ceremony. December M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. graduates received their diplomas via U.S. mail in January.
Orders for regalia are due to the Registrar's Office by March 2013 for Faculty and April 2013 for degree candidates.
- Faculty (orders closed 3/2013)
- Graduating Students
Regalia will be available for pick up from the Edward D. Miller Research Building, Room 181, 733 North Broadway, School of Medicine on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Thursday, May 9, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Please send someone to pick up the regalia for you if you are unable to attend in person.
Regalia is to be returned following the Meyerhoff ceremony on Thursday, May 23. Doctoral graduates will be billed $900 (replacement cost) for academic regalia that is not returned.
Attendance information for both ceremonies is due to the Registrar's Office by February 2013 for M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. candidates and April 2013 for M.D. candidates.
- M.A., M.S. and Ph.D. Candidates - information will be mailed to you on February 1, 2013
School of Medicine Announcements - SOM will provide each graduate with up to 10 announcements for the Meyerhoff ceremony. Announcements will be available during cap and gown distribution.
Personalized Announcements - Students wishing to have personalized announcements may purchase them through Herff Jones.
- Hotel Accommodations near Hopkins
- How to Order a DVD of the Ceremony
- Herff Jones offers a variety of graduation-related products for students
- Insurance Information after Graduation (M.D. students only)
- Locker Cleanout Information (M.D. students only)
- Outstanding Fees and Requirements
- Press Release for M.D. graduates
Additional information concerning convocation will be posted as it becomes available. If you have a question not answered by this site, contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 955-3080.
Last Updated: 5/22/2013