Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
Community Resources Continued
- Latino/Hispanic Resources
- Lodging for Visitors of JHH
- Medical Assistance & MA Managed Care Organizations (MCO)
- Medical Clinics/Access to Health Care
- Mental Health/Developmental Disabilities
- Meal Programs
- Nursing Facilities
- Pharmacy Programs
- Services for the Homeless
- Services for Senior Citizens
- Social Security
- Substance Abuse
- Women Services
- Centro de la Comunidad 602 N. Robinson St 410-732-2176
- GBMC La Familia Community Health Center 2720 Pulaski HWY 410-534-8783
- Hispanic Apostolate 430 S. Broadway 410-522-2668
- St Michael's Outreach 1922 E. Lombard St / Wolfe St. 410-732-2176
- Spanish Info Hotline 1-800-732-7850
- General Power of Attorney (with Durable Provision)
This form is for people who need a power of attorney to handle their financial needs if the person is unable too.
- Legal Aid Bureau, Inc. 410-951-7777
- Maryland Senior Legal Hotline 410-951-7750; 1-800-896-4213
- Prisoners Aid Association of Maryland 410-662-0353
- Surrogate Health Care Decision Maker (form)
- Maryland Medical Assistance Information
- Health Choice Enrollment Line 1-800-977-7388
- Medical Assistance Managed Care Organizations (MCO)
Coventry's Diamond Plan 1-866-533-5154
Helix Family Choice 1-888-404-3549
JAI Medical Systems 1-888-524-1999
Maryland Physicians Care 1-800-953-8852
Priority Partners/Baymeadow Health Services 1-800-261-2429
United Health Care 1-800-318-8821
- Medical Assistance Mental Health Providers 1-800-888-1965
- Medicaid Waiver Program
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Health Clinics
- Baltimore Medical Systems
3501 Sinclair Lane 410-732-8800
- Bon Secours Family Care Center
1940 W. Baltimore Street 410-362-3079
- Chase Brexton Health Services
1001 Cathedral St 410-837-2050
- Druid Family Health Center
1515 W. North Ave 410-396-0100
Both STD testing and men's health are free services
- Eastern Health District Center 620 N. Caroline 1-866-545-CARE
Free Clinic Tuesdays 6p-9p
Free SDT testing offered
- GBMC Weinberg Community Health Center
1200 E Fayette St 410-522-1200
- Health Care of the Homeless
111 Park Ave 410-837-5533
- Highlandtown Community Health Center
3509 Eastern Ave 410-558-4900
- Matilda Koval Medical Center
2323 Orleans St 410-558-4848
- People's Community Health Center
3028 Greenmount Ave or 5225 York Rd 410-467-6040
- Sheppards Clinic
1901 North St Paul Street 410-385-1032
- South Baltimore Family Health Center
631 Cherry Hill Road 410-354-2000
- Total Health Care, Inc.
1501 Division Street 410-383-8300
- Baltimore Medical Systems
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Adventist Behavioral Health ,14001 Broschart Road, Rockville, MD 20850 -Community Liaison , Donise L Price, MA 301-602-7299 cell / 301-838-4076 fax. The center has multiple programs for active seniors and adults with a dual diagnoses and Intensive Outpatient Substance Program. All patients must meet criteria for placement and outpatient. Full information information in DPO. PS Not affiliated with Adventist Rehab.
- Baltimore Mental Health Systems, Inc 410-837-2647
- Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration
- The ARC of Baltimore 410-296-2272
- Pro Bono Counseling Project 1-877-323-5800
Finds community based mental health professionals to provide therapy to clients pro bono or for a sliding scale fee.
- Public Mental Health System (APS Healthcare) 1-800-888-1965
- Maryland Health Care Commission guide for selecting a nursing home
- Medicare Nursing Home Compare
- Member of the Family
*Provides comprehensive information on nursing homes in the US.
Also provides easy to understand reports based on recent government surveys.
- MedBank of Maryland 410-821-9262
- Medicare Part D Prescription Program 1-800-MEDICARE
- Needy Meds Has a list of medication programs available
- Script Save *For Baltimore City Residents put in Group #: 576 1-800-700-3957
- $4 Prescription Drugs Walmart , Target , Walgreens
- Maryland RX Card www.marylandrxcard.com
- Partnership for Prescription
- Health Care for the Homeless 410-837-5533
- Baltimore City Street Card
- JHH Co-Star Homeless Outreach 410-955-1770
Provides case management and assistance in finding shelter for homeless individuals with psychiatric illnesses.
- Shelter Lists
- Baltimore City Homeless and Environmental Services 443-423-6000
Provides assistance to homeless individuals in finding shelter.
- Baltimore Area Shelter List
- Code Blue Shelter Information for Baltimore
- Baltimore City Street Card
- Beans and Bread
402 S. Bond St 410-732-1892
- Our Daily Bread
411 Cathedral St 410-659-4022
- Adult Day Care Form
- Senior Citizen's Guide to Baltimore
- Guide to Retirement Living
- CARE (Baltimore City commission on Aging and Retirement)
- Adult Evaluation and Review (AERS)
Baltimore City 410-396-6006
Baltimore County 410-887-2754
- Alzheimer's Association 410-435-4933
- Answers for the Aging 410-646-0100
- Baltimore City Senior Information and Assistance 410-396-2273
- DSS Adult Services
410-361-5005 (Baltimore City)
410-853-3000 (Baltimore County)
- Maryland Department of Aging
- Social Security Administration (To Apply for Medicare, SSDI, SSI)
- National Organization for Social Security Claimants' Representatives 1-800-431-2804
Provides referrals to lawyers who represent social security disability claimants on a regular basis.
- Baltimore County Bureau of Substance Abuse
*Provides referrals for uninsured individuals.
- Baltimore County Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Baltimore Substance Abuse Systems Inc. Provider List
- JHH Substance Abuse Recovery List
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- New Vision House of Hope
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- County Ride- Baltimore County 410-887-2080
- EMS Transportation Form for DNR/DNI Patients
- Greyhound 1-800-231-2222
- Maryland Transit Authority (MTA) Mobility
- Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration Disability Parking Permit Form
- Medical Assistance Transport
- Baltimore City Customers call 410-396-7007 to schedule an appointment.
- Baltimore City MA Transport Form (Legible when printed)
- Baltimore County MA Transport Form (Legible when printed)
- Providers for City Residents call 410-396-6665
- Baltimore County Customers/Providers call 410-887-2828, for stretcher or w/c van appointments.
- Baltimore County Customers/Providers call the Yellow Cab Service at 410-783-2465, for ambulatory clients.
- Medicare Ambulance Form (Legible when printed)
- Traveler's Aid Program
19 W. Franklin St
Contact them for a 1 time one-way Greyhound bus ticket for clients to get back to their city/state.
- The Maryland Center for Maternal and Child Health