Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
- Abuse Reporting
- Advanced Directives
- Charity Organizations
- Community Violence/Victim Assistance Resources
- Crisis Resources
- Dental Clinics
- Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault
- Family or Children Services
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Health Insurance
- Home Health/Durable Medical Equipment
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Kidney Dialysis
- Baltimore City Adult Protective Services 410-361-5000
- Baltimore City Child Protective Services 410-361-2235
- Baltimore County Adult/Child Protective Services 410-853-3000
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- Advanced Directives Notification
This is a wallet size card that allows someone with an advanced directive to keep their card in their wallet, so health professionals are aware in the event of an emergency
- EMS transportation DNR Order
- Maryland Attorney General - Advanced Directives Info and Forms
- Associated Catholic Charities
- Jewish and Family Services
- Jill Fox Fund
- Patient Services Inc. 800-366-7741
Provides financial assistance with health insurance premiums and pharmacy co-payments for people with specific chronic illnesses and rare disorders.
- The United Way www.211md.org
- National Organization for Victim Assistance
- The Office for Victims of Crime
- Maryland Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, Crime Victims Assistance
- American Red Cross, MD Chapter 410-358-2900
- Baltimore City Health Department 410-396-0840
- Chase Brexton Health Services 410-837-2050 x2620
- GBMC Weinberg Adult Specialty Clinic 410-522-1234, 410-522-1200
- East Baltimore Medical Center 410-522-9846
- East Baltimore Quality Dental 410-327-7639
- Eastern Health Department 410-396-9409
- People's Community Health Center 410-467-6040
- Total Health Care 410-728-5522
- University of Maryland Dental Clinic 410-706-7101, 410-706-2716
- CHANA - Counseling Helpline and Aid Network for Abused Women 410-234-0023
- Family Crisis Center Baltimore County 410-828-6390
- House of Ruth 410-554-8463, 410-889-RUTH(7884) or 1-800-880-7884
- Turn Around Inc 410-828-6390
- Women's Law Center Office for Domestic Violence Assistance 410-783-0377
Can provide Protective Order Representation
- Maryland Commission for Women 311 W. Saratoga Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
410-767-3049 , 1-877-868-2196
- Domestic Abuse resources by county and state of Maryland
- Family and Children Services of Central Maryland 410-669-9000
- Center for Grief & Loss at Stella Maris, Inc.
2300 Dulaney Valley RD
Timonium, MD 21093
410-252-4500, ext 7291
Provides individual and group counseling for adults, children, & teens.
- Compassionate Friends (Child related deaths) 1-877-969-0010
- Cremation Society of Maryland 410-788-1800
- DSS Burial Assistance 443-423-6018 or 1-800-332-6347
- Family Bereavement Center (for Homicide related deaths) 410-396-7351
- Funeral and Cremation Service ( Provides people with Info & FAQ's about services and pricing. Also this site has a cost comparison. http://www.mdfunerals.org/
- Hospice of Baltimore-Gilchrist Center 443-849-8200
Offers workshops and support groups
- Maryland State Funeral Directors Association 1-888-459-9693
- Social Security Administration Burial Assistance 1-800-772-1213
- Veterans Administration of Maryland Burial Assistance 1-800-827-1000
- St. Vincent DePaul Society 410-547-5377
- Salvation Army 410-783-2920
- Maryland Health Connection https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/ or 1-855-642-8572 (apply for Medicaid , HMO's PPO's or financial help to lower the cost of your health insurance)
- Maryland Medical Assistance Information
- Medicare 1-800-MEDICARE or 1-800-633-4227
- Resources for the Uninsured(Baltimore City)
- Maryland Heathcare Access http://www.healthcareaccessmaryland.org/
- Hispanic Based Organizations
- Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage http://www.hopkinsmedicare.com/enroll-now/
- Health Clinics in Baltimore City
Chase Brexton 410-837-2050
Johns Hopkins' Moore Clinic 410-955-1725
- Housing - Gift of Hope Mission 410-732-6056
For homeless men with HIV/AIDS
- US Dept of Health AIDS info
- Johns Hopkins Pharmaquip 410-288-8080
- MA Personal Care Program -Baltimore City 410-396-4494- Baltimore County 410-887-3485
- Private Hire Home Health Aid List
- Cleaning for a Reason
- Medicare Home Health Agencies
- Coastal Hospice 410-742-8732
Provides home hospice to residents in Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties in Maryland.
Provides in patient hospice through their Coastal Hospice at the Lake unit located in Deershead Health Center in Salisbury, MD
- Community Hospices 1-866-234-7742
Provides home hospice services to individuals in Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington D.C.
- Carroll Hospice 410-871-800 (They also have inpatient Hospice at 292 stoner Ave, Westminster, MD 21157
- Gilchrist Hospice Care 443-849-8200
Provides home hospice services to individuals in Baltimore City and surrounding communities.
- Hospice of the Chesapeake
Anne Arundel County 410-987-2129 or 800-745-6132
Prince George's County 301-499-4500 or 866-301-4994
Provides home hospice for individuals in Anne Arundel and Prince George's Counties.
- Hospice of Frederick County- Intake coordinator (240-566-3030) also they have an inpatient hospice ''home'' in Mt. Airy called- Kline Hospice House 7000 Kimmel Rd, Mt. Airy, MD 21771 (301-829-0459)
- Joseph Richey Hospice 410-523-2150
Provides in-patient hospice care to individuals in the Baltimore and surrounding areas
- Montgomery Hospice 301-921-4400
Provides home and in-patient hospice care to individuals in Montgomery County.
- Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care 1-866-752-0009
Provides home hospice care to individuals in Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Cecil, Harford, and Howard Counties. Liaison for JHH, Michelle Larcey 410-935-0560 cell/ 1-877-820-2756 fax
- Stella Maris Hospice 410-252-4500, ext. 7307
- Additional Hospice Resources
Provides home and in-patient hospice care to individuals in Baltimore and surrounding areas.
- List of DHMH Licensed Maryland Assisted Living Facilities
- Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP)
- Baltimore City's Energy Assistance Fax Form
- Baltimore City Housing
- Baltimore City Service Listing
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Subsidized apartment search listing for the elderly, disabled, and low-income individuals and families through HUD.
- Rental Allowance Program-Provides rent subsidies to low-income families.