- Baltimore City Adult Protective Services 410-361-5000
- Baltimore City Child Protective Services 410-361-2235
- Baltimore County Adult/Child Protective Services 410-853-3000
- National Center on Elder Abuse
Community Violence / Victim Assistance Resources
- American Red Cross, MD Chapter 410-358-2900
Dental Clinics (call for appointment)
- Baltimore City Health Department 410-396-0840
- Chase Brexton Health Services 410-837-2050 x2620
- GBMC Weinberg Adult Specialty Clinic 410-522-1234, 410-522-1200
- East Baltimore Medical Center 410-522-9846
- East Baltimore Quality Dental 410-327-7639
- Eastern Health Department 410-396-9409
- People’s Community Health Center 410-467-6040
- Total Health Care 410-728-5522
- University of Maryland Dental Clinic 410-706-7101, 410-706-2716
Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault
Family or Children Services
Grief and Bereavement Services
- Center for Grief & Loss at Stella Maris, Inc.
2300 Dulaney Valley RD
Timonium, MD 21093
410-252-4500, ext 7291
Provides individual and group counseling for adults, children, & teens.
- Compassionate Friends (Child related deaths) 1-877-969-0010
- Cremation Society of Maryland 410-788-1800
- DSS Burial Assistance 443-423-6018 or 1-800-332-6347
- Family Bereavement Center (for Homicide related deaths) 410-396-7351
- Funeral and Cremation Service ( Provides people with Info & FAQ's about services and pricing. Also this site has a cost comparison. http://www.mdfunerals.org/
- Hospice of Baltimore-Gilchrist Center 443-849-8200
Offers workshops and support groups
- Maryland State Funeral Directors Association 1-888-459-9693
- Social Security Administration Burial Assistance 1-800-772-1213
- Veterans Administration of Maryland Burial Assistance 1-800-827-1000
- Health Clinics in Baltimore City
Chase Brexton 410-837-2050
Johns Hopkins' Moore Clinic 410-955-1725
- Housing - Gift of Hope Mission 410-732-6056
For homeless men with HIV/AIDS
- US Dept of Health AIDS info
Home Health / Durable Medical Equipment
Hospice and Palliative Care
- Coastal Hospice 410-742-8732
Provides home hospice to residents in Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties in Maryland.
Provides in patient hospice through their Coastal Hospice at the Lake unit located in Deershead Health Center in Salisbury, MD
- Community Hospices 1-866-234-7742
Provides home hospice services to individuals in Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington D.C.
- Carroll Hospice 410-871-800 (They also have inpatient Hospice at 292 stoner Ave, Westminster, MD 21157
- Gilchrist Hospice Care 443-849-8200
Provides home hospice services to individuals in Baltimore City and surrounding communities.
- Hospice of the Chesapeake
Anne Arundel County 410-987-2129 or 800-745-6132
Prince George’s County 301-499-4500 or 866-301-4994
Provides home hospice for individuals in Anne Arundel and Prince George’s Counties.
- Hospice of Frederick County- Intake coordinator (240-566-3030) also they have an inpatient hospice ''home'' in Mt. Airy called- Kline Hospice House 7000 Kimmel Rd, Mt. Airy, MD 21771 (301-829-0459)
- Joseph Richey Hospice 410-523-2150
Provides in-patient hospice care to individuals in the Baltimore and surrounding areas
- Montgomery Hospice 301-921-4400
Provides home and in-patient hospice care to individuals in Montgomery County.
- Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care 1-866-752-0009
Provides home hospice care to individuals in Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Cecil, Harford, and Howard Counties. Liaison for JHH, Michelle Larcey 410-935-0560 cell/ 1-877-820-2756 fax
- Stella Maris Hospice 410-252-4500, ext. 7307
- Additional Hospice Resources
Provides home and in-patient hospice care to individuals in Baltimore and surrounding areas.
Back to top
Community Resources continued