Purpose: The purpose of these studies is to examine how alterations in the genes and proteins involved in the immune defense of the nose and sinuses may lead to chronic rhinosinusitis.
Type of Patients:
- Patients with sinusitis undergoing endoscopic sinus surgery
- Chronic rhinosinusitis patients with polyposis
- Chronic rhinosinusitis patients without polyposis
- Chronic rhinosinusitis patients with asthma and/or aspirin allergy
- Normal patients without sinus disease undergoing nasal surgery for other reasons
Information for Patients:
Studies are ongoing at both the Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center and the Bayview Medical Campus. Eligibility will be determined by a Johns Hopkins Sinus Center physician at the time of evaluation.
Jean Kim, MD, PhD (Bayview): 410-550-2063
Andrew Lane, MD (Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center): 410-955-7808