I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Outpatient and Inpatient Care
Our outpatient clinic is located on Level 1 of Tan Tock Seng Hospital. Our inpatient ward is located on Level 13 of Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
We understand the vital role of family support during this difficult journey. To help our patients with cancer better cope emotionally, Johns Hopkins Singapore welcomes all family members to sit in on consultations and help our patients make their treatment decisions. We also welcome family members to stay overnight if the patient is admitted.
Educational materials on specific cancer types, treatments, management of possible side effects and other care-related issues will be provided to help our patients and their families make more informed choices.
To help manage the overall well-being of patients, our internists provide a full range of internal medical consultations and treatments for general medical conditions. We also offer health screening programs for you to assess your current state of health.
Our pharmacy provides a convenient, one-stop service to address the medication needs of all our patients. At Johns Hopkins Singapore, we have two pharmacies. They are centrally located within our facility-one at the outpatient clinic and the other at our inpatient ward. Areas of services include:
- Investigation Drug Service: covers all aspects of investigational drug use from review to admixture to counselling and investigational drug management and accountability;
- Drug information: provision of drug information to patients and their family members and the healthcare team
- Review of medication orders: review of all medication orders, medication history review and reconciliation;
- Pharmacy admixture services: specializes in the preparation of intravenous chemotherapy and related agents;
- Dispensing and specialized counselling: dispensing of inpatient and outpatient medications, inpatient bedside discharge counselling, counselling on symptoms and management of adverse effects to chemotherapy, and related agents;
Medical Social Work
Cancer impacts patients and their families in a significant way. The disruptions and emotional rollercoaster of fears, anxieties and worries can be difficult to handle. As such, a medical social worker is always available and ready to support you and your family during this cancer-fighting journey.
Medical social work services include:
- Supportive counseling to help cope with the challenges of being diagnosed with cancer;
- Family mediation and counseling for relationship issues;
- Information and referrals to community resources, including elderly care/disability services, hospice care, family service centers and support groups;
- Grief counseling; and
- Financial information (for Singaporeans & permanent residents only).
Please feel free to approach any doctor, nurse or Patient Service Centre (PSC) staff member if you or your loved ones would like to speak to a medical social worker.
Alternatively, you can contact us Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at +65 6880 2150.