Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Support Groups and Classes
Prepared Childbirth Classes and Breastfeeding
The website for the International Lactation Consultant Association is www.ilca.org .An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is a health care professional who specializes in the clinical management of breastfeeding. An IBCLC is certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners®, Inc. under the direction of the US National Commission for Certifying Agencies. An IBCLC works in a wide variety of health care settings, including hospitals, pediatric offices, public health clinics, and private practice.
Susan Beck, ACCE., IBCLE
- ASPO/Lamaze certified childbirth educator with 22 years experience
- Board certified lactation consultant available for telephone consults and home visits
Susan Weyer, RN, ICCE, IBCLC
- Early Childbirth Classes
- Childbirthing Class Series
- Breastfeeding Class
- Lactation Services
For class information and pre-registration call Susan (443) 293-7364 or (443) 542-1160.
Recommendations from the Howard County General Hospital:
- Susan Weyer, RN, ICCE, IBCLC. (443) 293-7364 or (443) 542-1160.
- Becky Nicodemus, RN, IBCLC, (410) 997-1316.
- Colleen Prorok, RN, MSN, IBCLC, (301) 774-7279.
- Ann Faust, IBCLC, (240) 893-3803.
- JoAnne Flagg, DNP, CPNP, IBCLC, (410) 964-6320.
- Sue Beck, ACCE, IBCLC (consultation only), (410) 442-9946.
- Melissa Thistle, RN, CPNP, ICBLC, (410) 992-0511, thistlebirdlactation.com.
La Leche League (breastfeeding information, local meetings) lllofmd-de-dc.org