Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Support Groups and Classes
Prepared Childbirth Classes and Breastfeeding
The website for the International Lactation Consultant Association is www.ilca.org .An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is a health care professional who specializes in the clinical management of breastfeeding. An IBCLC is certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners®, Inc. under the direction of the US National Commission for Certifying Agencies. An IBCLC works in a wide variety of health care settings, including hospitals, pediatric offices, public health clinics, and private practice.
Susan Beck, ACCE., IBCLE
- ASPO/Lamaze certified childbirth educator with 22 years experience
- Board certified lactation consultant available for telephone consults and home visits
Susan Weyer, RN, ICCE, IBCLC
- Early Childbirth Classes
- Childbirthing Class Series
- Breastfeeding Class
- Lactation Services
For class information and pre-registration call Susan (443) 293-7364 or (443) 542-1160.
Recommendations from the Howard County General Hospital:
- Susan Weyer, RN, ICCE, IBCLC. (443) 293-7364 or (443) 542-1160.
- Becky Nicodemus, RN, IBCLC, (410) 997-1316.
- Colleen Prorok, RN, MSN, IBCLC, (301) 774-7279.
- Ann Faust, IBCLC, (240) 893-3803.
- JoAnne Flagg, DNP, CPNP, IBCLC, (410) 964-6320.
- Sue Beck, ACCE, IBCLC (consultation only), (410) 442-9946.
- Melissa Thistle, RN, CPNP, ICBLC, (410) 992-0511, thistlebirdlactation.com.
La Leche League (breastfeeding information, local meetings) lllofmd-de-dc.org