Those who engage in crime are always searching for a soft or easy target. The easiest method to foil their attempts is to practice good, common sense crime prevention habits.
Always be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious persons or activity on campus to security as soon as possible.
- Always be aware of your surroundings, unusual persons, behavior or activity.
- Everyone should have proper identification visibly displayed – either an I.D. badge or a guest pass.
- Never allow unauthorized persons in through employee-only entrances or into restricted areas; kindly redirect them to a public entryway or area where they are permitted.
- Always be observant of people who do not belong in the area and make a mental note of their physical description.
- Report any suspicious persons or activity to security as soon as possible.
- Give your name, department, phone extension, the location of the suspicious person(s)/activity and a description of the person(s) involved.