Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Should you find yourself the victim of a robbery, remember the tips outlined below.
Always remember to stay calm, listen and observe intently, do not resist and report the crime as soon as possible.
- Don’t resist. Give up your property; don’t give up your life.
- Do not volunteer any information or do anything other than what the robber asks. Listen carefully and pay attention to the robber's appearance and demeanor.
- One of the most important things to do if you are being robbed is to do as you are told and try to observe:
- If a vehicle is involved, try to get the make, color, and license plate number;
- Commit as much about the robber's appearance as you can to memory: sex, race, age, height, weight, hair color, scars, tattoos, and clothing.
- Try to avoid sudden moves. The robber is just as nervous as you.
- Call 911 or on-site security right away. The first minutes after a crime occurs are critical to law enforcement.
- Describe exactly what occurred with as many details as possible. Give complete descriptions such as listed above (sex, race, age, height weight, hair color, scars, tattoos, and clothing, and if a vehicle was involved, the make, color, and license plate).
- If you observe a crime in progress, stay calm and call 911 or on-site security. Your actions can help prevent others from being victims.