I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The cost of a Johns Hopkins Urology Medical Second Opinion is $550.
- If a pathology interpretation is required, there is an additional cost of $250.
- If a radiology interpretation is required, there is an additional cost of $250.
Payment is due at the time of the request. Major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover) are the accepted means of payment. A receipt for services will be mailed to you approximately 5 business days after payment is received.
Things to consider:
- Medical second opinion is a self-pay service. At this time, most health plans do not cover a medical second opinion.
- Please note that even if coverage is available under your health plan, most insurance companies will require procedure codes to process reimbursements. We cannot provide procedure codes for any services provided through our medical second opinion program. We encourage you to investigate your insurance company’s requirements and are happy to assist you with any questions you have about our services.
- Signed approval is required by your local physician before a consultation can be provided.
- Timeframe for turnaround is approximately 10 business days from receipt of all records and payment.
- If you decide that you would prefer a face-to-face appointment at any time during this process, please call 410-464-6555. Face-to-face appointments and telephone consultations are not included in the Medical Second Opinion Program but can be scheduled separately.
- Results of the recommendations will be provided to your referring physician.