The cost of a Johns Hopkins Neuroradiology medical second opinion is based on the number of imaging exams that are to be reviewed:
- If a Computed Tomography (CT) exam is being reviewed, the cost is $200/study.
- If a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exam is being reviewed, the cost is $250/study.
- If a Myelogram or Angiogram is being reviewed, the cost is $250/study.
Please note that these charges are only for requests for Neuroradiology medical second opinions. A “study” is defined as one exam on one particular body part from a specific modality at one point in time (for example, one full CT study or one full MRI study, each with multiple images to review).
Payment is due at the time of the request. Major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover) are the accepted means of payment. A receipt for services will be mailed to you approximately 5 business days after payment is received.
Things to consider
- Medical second opinion is a self-pay service. At this time, most health plans do not cover a medical second opinion.
- Please note that even if coverage is available under your health plan, most insurance companies will require procedure codes to process reimbursements. We cannot provide procedure codes for any services provided through our medical second opinion program. We encourage you to investigate your insurance company’s requirements and are happy to assist you with any questions you have about our services.
- Signed approval is required by your local physician before a consultation can be provided.
- Timeframe for turnaround is approximately 10 business days from receipt of all records and payment.
- If you decide that you would prefer a face-to-face appointment at any time during this process, please call 410-464-6555. Face-to-face appointments and telephone consultations are not included in the Medical Second Opinion Program, but it can be scheduled separately.